Scanning...

Scanning...
There's nothing shiny in the solar system map. The solemn darkness eats away at your soul.

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The Flu

I didn't realize it had been a month since my last post until I went to make this one.  The last two weeks have been terrible and I didn't touch EVE at all during that time.  Luckily my training queues were more full than I realized and no time was wasted.

Just over two weeks ago I started getting sick, mostly coughing, and I figured it was just a cold.  Within a few days it was obvious that something more serious was going on, the symptoms had moved into my head.  I stopped at a clinic thinking it was something antibiotics would solve, but that wasn't it.  I had the flu, and not the 24-hour bugs that some people think are the flu, the actual flu, which is like a really serious cold.  Over the course of the next week I barely ate, tried to take anything I could that would address the symptoms, and missed a few days of work.  By the second week I was down 10 pounds, and showing up for work each day, but I was still miserable.  Finally, by the end of the second week, the last bits of the symptoms were gone.  I felt well enough to start thinking about things other than sleeping and blowing my nose.

That was this past weekend, and I took the opportunity to log into my accounts and check on things.  The alt is proceeding nicely, he's about two weeks from being able to pilot a CovOps and scan with reasonable effectiveness.  Since the ship he's going to fly is in the Ship Maintenance Bay of the Orca, already in the hole, I'll likely get him in there before the two weeks are up.  He can remain logged off until he's ready and I can give him the ship in space, so that shouldn't be a problem.  That also means Niskin can exit the hole sooner.

Niskin is closing in on level 5 for some skills that I plan to use in the upcoming adventure.  He'll also be hitting level 5 on the Minimatar Strategic Cruiser skills shortly after.  I was never actually able to decide which ship would be best for solo roaming, so I decided to pick one to try first.  That ship is not a T3 Cruiser, mostly due to cost.  I won't reveal what it is yet, but I have selected it and will be building it over the next couple weeks.

Once that is done I'll find a wormhole to jump into and begin the adventure.  Where it will go from there, I have no idea.  I'm excited about the prospect of roaming wormholes and not necessarily caring which one I end up in at any given time.  Also, the idea that there won't be any required upkeep is appealing.  Solo-PvP scares me for sure, but my hope is that even an epic-fail could lead to a good story.

1 comment:

Anonymous comments have been enabled. Please don't give me a reason to turn them back off.