Scanning...

Scanning...
There's nothing shiny in the solar system map. The solemn darkness eats away at your soul.

Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Next Steps Are In Progress

Over the weekend I started a new Trial account, and began training the first toon towards Cov-Ops and Scanning.  I'll take that as far as I can during the 14 day trial period and then activate the account fully.  I haven't sat down with EveMon and determined anything yet, and I may not bother.  I'm not really under a time crunch and in the end it will take the same amount of time to train the skills.  I'd just know how long that would be ahead of time if I used EveMon.  Really though I have bigger things to worry about, like what am I going to do with Niskin once I get him out of J150533?

The nomad idea is growing on me, partially because I can't think of any other good ideas, but also because it would be fun to blog about.  When I first had the idea I was thinking of using a Loki, but that seemed a bit cost prohibitive, though it could be a very effective option.  I'll revisit that if the other options don't pan out, but it would be the most expensive route.  Other possibilities are a Dominix or Typhoon in the Battleship class or a Devoter or Broadsword in the Heavy Interdictor class.  The first order of business will be determining what fits I could use on those ships and how effective they would be.  Then I'll look at cargo space and refitting options for versatility.

Whichever option gives me the best balance of target discovery and combat ability with good versatility will likely win out.  Combat probes will be a must.  Since warping cloaked won't be possible with the current options, I need to be able to find a target, quickly refit (hopefully out of d-scan range) and warp to the target.  This could lead to ganks, or traps, or decent fights, any of which could make for good stories.

The upside is that when things go badly, I'll end up back in empire space, ready to try again or try something different.  That's as much as I have planned so far.  I'll update you when I know more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments have been enabled. Please don't give me a reason to turn them back off.