Scanning...

Scanning...
There's nothing shiny in the solar system map. The solemn darkness eats away at your soul.

Monday, December 8, 2014

Off to a good start

Sometimes everything aligns for the perfect opportunity, the stars, the planets, and maybe even the will of Bob.  Or in this case, a few wormhole exits and my available playtime.  Saturday was a long day in EVE, though it didn't feel that long as I stayed pretty busy.

Once a year, a few weeks before Christmas, my wife gets together with the ladies on her side of the family to bake cookies.  This means there is always one Saturday in December that I get all to myself to do whatever I want.  This year, with EVE consuming most of leisure time anyway, I set the whole day aside for that.

Since I knew I had the whole day I slept in and didn't get online until the late morning.  I logged in to Probes!  So I went right to probing myself, no point in wasting time.  I scanned and bookmarked everything except the gas sites, figuring I'd come back around to them later.  It's easy to pick out the sigs you didn't scan down once you label the rest.

With that done I decided to check my null static.  It went to FKR-SR in Etherium Reach.  There was one person in local, so I warped around the system to take a look at things.  Bouncing a few belts, I landed in one with rats to find Rogue Drones.  Eww, the Drone Regions, I knew Etherium Reach sounded familiar.  At least they have bounties now.  With that I headed back to my wormhole.  Ignoring the C5 static I decided to check out a K162,

That connection led to J134107, a C2 with statics to Low-Sec and C2 space.  The K162 was their D382 making me their static connection.  This hole was inhabited, by a person I will call Captain POS Trash.  He had numerous Moas, Ventures and other things in space at his POS, including a Stratios.  I had started to see some traffic in my hole when I came back from Etherium Reach. It seems Captain POS Trash was the one probing my wormhole and had begun running sites in there.

I continued scanning J134107 hoping that Low-Sec static would make my day.  The next hit was a wormhole, and when I warped to it, it was also a D382.  Double checking to make sure it wasn't the hole I came in, and it wasn't, I stared at the hole and noted the presence of two C2 statics.  Hoping StaticMapper wasn't wrong I continued scanning.  Next up was another wormhole which turned out to be a K162... to High-Sec!  A quick jump showed that it led to Ourapheh in Genesis, a few jumps from Pashanai where I had exited recently.  But of course, just like every sweet exit I find, this one was nearing the end of it's natural lifetime.

I've learned not to care about that and to move quickly to take advantage of these short windows.  So I pulled probes and headed back to my wormhole and POS.  I think I spooked Captain POS Trash a little at first, some of his alts were on scan from my POS.  But he probably saw me get into the Prowler because he stuck around and continued doing whatever he was doing.  I grabbed all my null data/relic site loot, a load of gas and all my compressed ore and headed out to High-Sec.

I dropped all the stuff off in Yulai, and sold the blue loot and Melted Nanoribbons.  Not really having time to go through and put up sales orders for the remaining stuff, I moved on to getting ice products for fuel.  The nearest seller was in Pashanai, no wonder I went there last time.  I remembered to get 1MN Afterburners, but the local price was not friendly, so only a couple.  Also grabbed a couple Mobile Tractor Units and some skills.

With all that stuff tucked away in the hold, I headed back into J134107 with the goo I needed to make another 11 days of fuel.  As I made the 2nd jump, back to my wormhole, I crossjumped a Venture.  When I got back to the POS I grabbed a CovOps and warped around the system to try and get a bead on something.

Ventures have +2 Warp Core Stabilization and Moa's can fit decent tanks.  But I figured maybe I could burn down a Venture with my Claw before it could warp.  A Moa would be a more difficult challenge, especially since he had several and was either multiboxing or had friends.  D-scan was not giving me much.  Every time I'd narrow it down it would be away from a site.  I bounced the Ore sites and found nothing.  I found out later that he cleared the gas sites, but at the time I couldn't get him on scan in those either.

Since he was tearing it up in my home, I figured I'd go back to his wormhole and look for that Low-Sec static.  There had to be other things I could do with a decent exit.

Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments have been enabled. Please don't give me a reason to turn them back off.