Scanning...

Scanning...
There's nothing shiny in the solar system map. The solemn darkness eats away at your soul.

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

This wormhole is NOT reaching the end of its natural lifetime

I almost forgot that I did make one more run out of that last hole, in a pod, to grab a Magnate I noticed in a hangar in Arraron.  I'm not even sure why I had one there, but who cares!  It was like 3 jumps away.

So anyway I was probing down J134107's low-sec static and I found it.  By some miracle of Bob it was not reaching the end of its natural lifetime.  It led to Amoen, one jump from High-Sec in Placid.  So I prepared for Prowler run number two.  This time the plan was improvised because I wasn't really sure what I needed, just that I needed something.

As I was flying out I decided to focus on PI for the alts (skills and command centers), and to research mining barge options.  I detailed the mining barge thoughts a few posts ago, but that whole thought process went down during this run.  Eventually it was all worked out and I headed off to pick up everything I'd bought.

Loaded up with the PI stuff and the Procurer, I returned to my wormhole.  There were some more crossjumps with Captain PT, sometimes he'd be on the wormhole in one of the Moas, sometimes he'd be hauling.  He moved the Stratios at least once.

Suddenly it hit me that I really had more stuff to bring in.  But first I had to swap the PI skills over to the other toons and get all that rolling.  After that it was on to the things dreams are made of, like spare Strontium and Giant Secure Containers.  After those two trips it occurred to me that one of my alts didn't have a ship with a hold big enough to carry a command center.  Some quick EFT'ing told me the simplest option was an Osprey with three Expander II's.  I had one, about 12 jumps away in Yvangier, and the expanders were next door in Charmerout.  So I made that trip in my pod and brought the ship back.

By that time, the alt who needed it had the skills trained to get started.  You have to have Remote Sensing trained to 1 to do any scanning to figure out where to put down your Command Center.  I set her first site up on a Barren planet.  I'm pretty sure there is no amount of Mechanical Parts that is too many, so I wanted to get more of those in production.

With that all setup, I finally had a moment to breathe. While logging in the other alt to check some things, a thought popped into my head, I hadn't gotten all the fittings I needed for the Procurer.  To be honest I didn't have a full fit worked out when I purchased it.  So I finished that fitting exercise and made another trip out in a CovOps to pick up some modules.

With all the hauling I could think of completed, and the Low-Sec exit still wide open with lots of time left, I wasn't sure what to do next.  A quick check of the map showed that Genesis wasn't far from Placid, so I decided to go back over there and get some items up on the market.  Between Pashanai and Yulai I had lots of stuff to sell.  Mostly data site drops, and other items I wasn't familiar with.  Without having to visit the actual stations, yay Trade skills, I sat cloaked in a system at the edge of Genesis listing everything I could.  Datacores, Decryptors, and some other things I had no idea what they were for, all got listed up once I finished researching their prices.

Eventually that was finished, with only 2 sell order slots remaining, I headed back home.  The wormhole still had not hit that end of lifetime state.  This was crazy, I was actually running out of uses for a good exit.  But the day was not over yet.

Continued... (last one)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Anonymous comments have been enabled. Please don't give me a reason to turn them back off.